Friday, June 27, 2008

A New Blog...A New Day

As I am starting out this new blog, I started to wonder about what sort of topics I would be posting on. I finally ruled out a lot of things and came down to just one...life. Just my life in general, the photo sessions I book, the everyday ordeal of dealing with a 3 year old girl, and bustling around in this busy life called a working mom trying to fulfill her dream...while also being 'Super' niece, daughter, girlfriend and friend. Whew! That is a lot of work! ;)

One of the things that is definitely going to be mentioned a lot more than just once is my daughter, Jasmine. While I'm trying to find myself in this photography world and find my way around it, she is always a great source of practice! I take so many photos of her not only because I need the practice and experience, but I also need to document her life. I need to be able to look back and think, 'OMG, that
was her favorite toy! Where is that thing?' I know we all try to contain the memories and try our best to remember everything but as for me, ever since I gave birth I've been hit with post-birth amnesia! I used to pride myself on being able to remember everything, I had photographic memory. Now, if you were to ask me what I did while I was at work on Monday, I wouldn't have a clue as to what to tell you. I'd most likely just guess and hope that's what really happened! Thank goodness this only happens sometimes, but it is a drastic change from my picture perfect memory before.

Becoming a mom was very different than what I had always pictured...I became a mom earlier than planned and everything has flown by since! I sometimes look at my daughter in absolute disbelief that she's mine and that my sole and only purpose in life is to protect her, comfort her, provide for her, teach her. It is absolutely amazing how fast time has passed since the day she was born and everyday I believe that she is my own mini-miracle.

I love her to pieces and wouldn't have it any other way!

Meet my Princess Jasmine in Shining Beauty. =)


1 comment:

lora ayers said...

Hey, I was wondering..how did you get your blogpost so wide and thin? I'm trying to make mine wider and thinner but I dont know what I'm doing. check me out www.loraayersphoto.com

btw, got your blog from mera's comments! I love mera's blog! I hope you don't mind me asking you this?? :) Lora