Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dreams, Goals...Parties???

The past couple weeks have went by in a whirlwind. It's as if someone said, 'Summer' and then the world began going at super speed. Every single weekend there is a party or a get together that we just 'have' to go to and then I get stuck at work about to fall asleep because the lack of it I've been getting due to all these exhausting activities.

I'm not fully complaining though...apart of the reason of my speedy summer is due to the fact that I am receiving two new nephews very soon! One in late July and the other in late August (or early depending on whether she can truly last that long!) I am so excited to welcome in these new bundles of joy and see how they look like!

Another reason as to why my head is spinning at full speed is because I took a vow to spend more time with my brothers and sisters from my dad's side of the family. A huge tragedy happened 2-3 weeks ago which brought all of us together again ( well, most of us anyway) and spending time with them was so much fun...we bonded. It made me think why don't I make the extra effort all the time to do this? Yes, they do all live in Anacortes/Mt. Vernon which is roughly 1 1/2 hour drive from Renton...but seriously though? And soaring gas prices really shouldn't factor into this equation either...I mean, they're my family! So with all this effort and time I am putting in, I am receiving a great gift in the end: special and much needed time with my family that I don't see that often but which who I love so dearly.

So with that said...I am experiencing 'life' this summer, although I need to focus more so on my hopefully soon to be photography career-I am not. The life which surrounds me is so far important than that right now. Dreams and goals...sad to say, must be put on hold.

...Although I'm sure that sooner or later, everything will fall into place...and I will be exactly where I want to be.

No comments: